In Reviews

BOOK REVIEW : The Poet X



Title : The Poet X
Author : Elizabeth Acevedo
Release date :
May 6, 2018
Date Read : March 10, 2019
Rating :
★★★★


I stand on a stage and say a poem.
There is power in the word.


I don't usually read poems. They're just not my thing. But ever since the POET X came out, I've been wanting to read it... and it took me a year to finally do so.

If I had to use one word to describe this poem/slam collection it would be : POWERFUL.

I read this as an audiobook and I feel compelled to say that the author's voice adds even more power to the written words.

What first drew me to starting this was the fact that the audiobook was narrated by Elizabeth Acevedo. I wholeheartedly believe that no one can do a book justice more than the person who wrote it. And it's simply even more the case for this one considering it's a slam collection.

This book, quite honestly, gave me chills more often than not. The writing, the narrating.. Elizabeth has a way with words, and she uses it in the best way!

This review is short, I must admit, but is in no way reflection of my full feelings while reading this book, I, in all honesty, lack the vocabulary and words that would do this book justice. All I can say is : READ IT. LISTEN TO IT. And trust me, you won't regret it.


 

 


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment