In Reviews

BOOK REVIEW : Space



Title : Space (Laws of Physics #2)
Author : Penny Reid
Release date :
March 12, 2019
Date Read : March 30, 2019
Rating :
★★★★



“Six days. It had been nothing. We’d barely touched. We’d never kissed. Why did the idea of this woman feel so essential? I thought we’d clicked seamlessly into place. Together. Counterweights that balanced a scale. I’d given myself over to the idea fully, without reservation. And she had been a lie."

and thus I die.

THIS BOOK.
THIS FREAKING BOOK.
 If you look up "how to crush a heart into million pieces, put it back togethe, crush it again and then repeat the process until you're not sure if your feelings have died or if you even have a heart anymore.", I'm pretty sure this book will be at the top of the results list.

I feel confidant in saying this book is, by far, one of the angsiest books I've ever read. And, I am a self-proclaimed angst junkie. If anything has angst, my chances of liking it are higher than they are if it doesn't; but at the same time, i'm very picky about my angst. I very rarely enjoy it when the angst is too much or not very well done.

This book is about 98% angst. And every half percent of it is just... incredible. I just could not put it down from start to finish. Penny Reid just has a way with words, she just KNOWS how to keep the reader interested without being repetitive and without the plot getting boring because, listen, IT JUST NEVER DOES!!!

Mona, as I mentionned in my Motion review, is just one of those characters you just can't help but love. She's easily become one of my favorites. And I just want to hold her forever and protect her and love her, she's just adorable. and smart. and funny. and amazing. Did I mention I love her?  

As much as this book made me love Mona, it just was on another level with Abram, which, really, is understandable, considering we get his point of view in this one.

Abram is officially one of my favorite book boyfriend. He is sweet, and understanding. And he speaks up about his struggles. He's a bit more guarded after Motion because he's protecting himself and trying to be less "soft" to avoid getting hurt. But at no time does he ever cross the line between struggle and outright assholeness. Which speaks volumes about his character. And the way he talks... the words and poetry that come out of his mouth... LORD HAVE MERCY.

“Really? You would’ve forgiven me for lying to you? You wouldn’t have told Leo, or my parents about Lisa? You would’ve lied too?” 
“Yes! You ask for forgiveness, I give it!” I answered honestly, because such was the idiocy of my devotion to this woman at the time. Blind. Senseless. Without reservation. “I thought I loved you. I was crazy about you. I wanted nothing but to make you happy.”


Mona and Abram have stolen my heart as fast as they did each others. They're one of the cutest couples I've read about, and they're not even a couple throughout a good chunk of the book. They mostly fight because like I said... angst. But what makes it good is the fact that not once during their fights do you doubt that they love each other. They're both hurting, aching to be together but so many things happen that just gets in the way, which only makes YOU ache hurt and ache for them to be together. Their chemistry in every single scene is OFF THE CHARTS, which just really adds more to the reader's aching.. Every scene just makes you want more and more, even if it's hurting, you JUST WANT MORE. And yes, it's a drug, but you won't be able to help it.


“Then will you let me know you?” 
I pressed my lips together to keep my chin from wobbling. “Why? To what purpose?” 
The question seemed to amuse him. “I need someone to listen to my heart.” His face inched closer. “And it only wants to beat for you.”

 
I also loved how this ended on a cliffhanger but was also written on a hoepful note. I loved seeing Abram and Mona say "fuck this long distance shit, we're doing this together" and didn't give up because they were scared. I loved how Abram didn't let Mona doubt them just because they were about to get separated again and were going on tour. He put his fear of being hurt aside and fought for her.

Honestly, if I had one sentence to describe this book is : it hurts so bad but feels oh so good. but really, that's most of Penny's books for me. This woman is taking over my heart and I cannot wait to read all her books.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment